It boils down to the simple truth: people (e.g. customers) expect you to keep your commitments and contact them when you said you will. Unknowingly, they also expect that YOU should reach out to them. Proactively contacting customers outside their buying cycle is one of the most effective things you can do to increase efficiency.
Inconsistent or lack of follow-up leads to decreased customer loyalty, ultimately resulting in missed opportunities and decreased sales.
Think about the last time you purchased a vehicle. When you got to the dealership, you likely knew what you wanted. You likely did all your homework in advance. It is said that 60% of the decision to buy is made up prior to contacting a seller.The remaining 40% depends on what happens during the remainder of the sales process.
You did not go to the dealership to explain what you liked best about the vehicle or explain why the purchases was or was not important. You only wondered one thing…”What is the price I am going to pay?” If you wait for customers to contact you, they are closed off, and it becomes increasingly difficult to provide any further value to them. Discussions at this stage will be about price and price alone.
The only way to make price a none issue is to understand what is of value to them. This CANNOT be done after they have done their research and contact YOU to initiate the sale. Contact prior to entering the sales cycle gives you their temperature for a new purchase and the most effective time to follow-up next. If you follow-up when you said and provide value you will be way ahead of the competition.
Proactive contact outside the buying cycle can cut the number of calls required to close a sale by 50%.
Planning and keeping track of this information can be challenging. Especially, if the information is all floating around in your head. What information do you need to make strategic decisions and where is it stored? Handle can provide you a platform for consistent followup, a place to store critical information, and analyze it.
- Inconsistent or lack of follow-up leads to decreased customer loyalty, ultimately resulting in missed opportunities and decreased sales.
- Less than half of the buying decision is made after the buyer contacts the seller.
- Proactive contact outside the buying cycle can cut the number of calls required to close a sale by 50%.